RAKxa Wellness & Medical Retreat – the first Integrative Wellness & Medical Retreat in Thailand, located 45 minutes outside of the city on Bangkok’s Green Lung island, is fast establishing itself as the most revolutionary scientific wellness retreat in South-East Asia. The credibility of its clinical scientific offering is underpinned by its partnership with the world-renowned Bumrungrad International Hospital.
While the worlds of wellness and spa talk about ‘integrative health’, RAKxa is one of the first to deliver through ‘VitalLife’ the preventative and longevity subsidiary of the Bumrungrad Hospital.
RAKxa’s ethos is centred on preventative healthcare and forward-thinking lifestyle analysis and advice. A step up from the medi-clinics of Europe, its tailored 14-day programmes combine exceptional holistic treatments, an anti-inflammatory diet with powerful diagnostics and the latest technology and treatments to support healing.
On arrival at RAKxa, every guest is assigned a personal VitalLife on-site doctor who analyses personal history as well as physical assessments. Genetic sequencing tests to predict future disease risks and comprehensive checks for hormone, micronutrients and toxic metals level in the body are also available. These assist RAKxa’s team to build a comprehensive and bespoke plan of action to optimise a personalised guest’s health. These advanced diagnostics and medical expertise are complemented by leading doctors in Ayurvedic, Traditional Chinese Medicine and Thai practices.
RAKxa incorporates the best in health treatments drawn from both Western and Eastern practices and covers everything from weight control and Long Covid care to full post surgery recuperation packages, advanced aesthetics and de-stressing journeys.
Long Covid programme
RAKxa’s approach is to provide guests with the right combination of the treatment with the right atmosphere. They emphasise on the optimal results as much as the guest experience in all aspects. The program is for all guests who have recovered from Covid-19 with symptoms that continue for another 1–6 months and will occur with various systems and organs in the body, such as the lungs, heart, blood vessels, respiratory system, brain, nervous system, mood, and mental health.
- Brain fog or constant headaches
- Shortness of breath, heavy breathing or coughs
- Feeling Fatigue, hair loss and physical aches such as Joint Pain
Two possible root causes to these symptoms:
- Unresolved inflammation
- Cell or tissue damage
- The diagnostic process starts with medical investigation by undergoing lab tests which look into the immunity markers such as percentage of lymphocytes, NK cell count and NK cell cytotoxic activity.
- For those who have brain fog symptom, the recommended treatment will be Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy which provides high pressure oxygen to restore energy production at cellular level, IV brain detox to provide essential vitamins and nutrients to enhance your brain function, Acupuncture for headache relief and combining with anti-inflammatory nutrition and lung strengthening exercise.
- For guests who feels fatigue, the doctor will combine the Antioxidant boost up IV and Blood Ozone IV into the treatment plan.
For more personal medical concerns, guests can pre-book to see up to five specialists in a day at the hospital itself (just a 45 min drive from RAKxa) covering everything from mammograms to colonoscopies.
Benefitting from Thailand’s tropical beauty and warm hospitality, this fully integrated retreat goes far beyond standard destination spas. RAKxa offers a game changing mix of world-class doctors within an exquisite luxury hotel setting immersed in nature. Its regenerative treatments, such as Hyperbaric Oxygen and IV infusions, combine technology with tradition and ancient medical wisdom. Not only each effective treatment counts, it is their expertise of combined selection that matters.