AlUla, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia – :
AlUla Moments’ new calendar is now firmly underway and hot on the heels of a critically acclaimed AZIMUTH Festival and unforgettable Bruno Mars concert, thousands are now wondering ‘What’s next?’ Fortunately, the new season is back with an always-on calendar of events that is simply unmissable. Here’s what’s on in AlUla this weekend:
- AlUla Wellness Festival 2023 (Running until November 4): The popular festival that connects wellness with mind, body and soul is back. The 16-day third edition, which began last Thursday, offers wellness seekers and health-conscious enthusiasts with the ultimate rest and rejuvenation program. A transformational physical, spiritual and sensory experience awaits through holistic workshops, captivating events and interactive activities deeply influenced by AlUla’s abundant historical and natural heritage.
- Anyah Cooking Classes (Running daily; SAR 230): Guided by a professional chef, this culinary experience is about sharing special moments with your partner, family or friends while learning how to cook wonderful food. The meal you create will be inspired by the region’s rich gastronomic heritage and drawn from produce grown in AlUla’s own Oasis for a true oasis-to-table experience.
- Couples Retreat (Running Thursday to Monday; SAR 11,500 per couple): Facilitated by a specialised therapist, you’ll play, learn, relax and reflect with your partner as you build a better connection together over four memorable nights. Held at the beautiful Hidden Valley Camp with all activities, accommodation and food provided.
- Eco-Gardening (Running daily; Free admission): Connect with the lush natural environment of the Oasis. Learn all about the flora and fauna that thrive in this unique agricultural area, meet some of the farmers and animals they keep and do some sowing of your own.
- Five Senses Sanctuary (Running daily from SAR 200; Week passes SAR 950): Enjoy a unique program of immersive sensory-based activities within this world-class wellness retreat. Yoga, meditation, sound healing, fitness and mindfulness sessions will provoke the senses, activate conversations, inspire change and leave you feeling rested, relaxed and refreshed physically and psychologically.
- Full Moon Sound Bath at Hegra (Saturday October 28; SAR 120): Through breathing techniques, easy stretches and soothing frequencies, you’re guided on an immersive sound journey under the glow of the full moon. In this state, the body releases stress and allows the mind time to rest and find inner harmony.
- Heritage Restoration Experience (Running daily; SAR 50): Enjoy a hands-on experience in the art of building with mud. You’ll help restore some of these iconic mudbrick dwellings and learn about their heritage and the people who once called them home.
- Illuminated Cyclescapes (Running daily from Thursday onwards; SAR 50): Padel around specially illuminated trails on a glowing bicycle. This family-friendly two-wheeled activity lets you discover nighttime wonders and explore the smells, sights and sounds of the Oasis like you’ve never experienced them before.
- Nomuhub Wellness Program (Running Thursday to Sunday; SAR 5,589): This experience is set for people who seek inner bliss. For four intensive days, your mind and body will be rejuvenated deeply as you explore a theme and pillar of wellness: meditation & mindfulness; body nourishment; nature & outdoor exploration.
- Reviving Nature Experience (Running daily; SAR 50): Enjoy creative workshops repurposing palm fronds and create a dome that stands as a symbol of humanity’s interconnectedness. Help tackle agricultural waste and be part of a visionary new sculpture and public space.
- Silent Hike (Running Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday from SAR 400): Experience the magnificence and serenity of the AlUla desert on this 4km silent hike through the Hidden Valley. Immerse yourself in its timeless beauty and stop regularly for meditation and quiet reflection.