- Tell us a little bit about your past achievements and experience.
My forte in business development spans over 23 years during which I developed an extensive and global network of business links with large and boutique hospitality groups, corporate, government, embassies, tourism bodies and airlines in Asia Pacific and the Middle East region. I have a proven track record of reviving and developing new businesses through my ability to establish strong business relationships.
I have held senior management roles for prominent hotel groups including Emaar Hospitality Group, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Minor Hotels, Starwood Hotels & Resorts and Marriott International. I have also been with Anantara Uluwatu Bali Resort as the Sales & Marketing Director, was part of the opening team behind the flagship hotel of Armani Hotels & Resorts in Dubai, with the largest Park Hyatt in the world – Abu Dhabi in United Arab Emirates and also Prestige Management Services in Japan for the opening of its hotel service apartments.
- Can you tell us about the unique features and amenities that set your hotel and resort apart from others in Kuala Lumpur?
- Sunway Resort Hotel is located in the heart of Sunway City Kuala Lumpur – Asia’s leading fully-integrated premier hospitality and entertainment destination.
- We have thirteen (13) brand new room categories which includes a series of experiential rooms and suites including dedicated options for wellness seekers, corporate guests and premium travellers, all underpinned by a stylish design concept and state-of-the-art technology.
- Perfectly complementing these intuitive accommodation categories, Sunway Resort Hotel also introduced brand new curated spaces such as exclusive lounges, a health club and more, including dedicated attractions for families (please refer to Q 7).
- The hotel also launched the first Gordon Ramsay Bar & Grill outside the UK and in Malaysia and the award-winning New York brand – Black Tap Craft Burgers & Shakes, as well as Sunset Terrace, a laid-back poolside dining restaurant.
- What are some popular local attractions and landmarks near your hotel that guests can explore during their stay?
Being just 25 minutes away from the heart of Kuala Lumpur city centre, we have direct linkage to a myriad of attractions and activities for travelers of all types and ages – from KLCC, KL Tower and Merdeka Square to Batu Caves, Zoo Negara and Central Market.
- Could you describe the dining options available at your hotel?
The hotel has a diverse range of dining outlets for every occasion. From world-class cuisine at the first Gordon Ramsay Bar & Grill outside the UK and in Malaysia and the award-winning New York brand – Black Tap Craft Burgers & Shakes, to the laid-back poolside dining at Sunset Terracee and the vibrant market-style buffet at The Resort Café.
Sunway Resort Hotel is also linked to Sunway Pyramid shopping mall, where over 170 restaurants, bars and cafes awaits.
- How do you ensure a memorable and enjoyable experience for guests seeking relaxation and rejuvenation at your resort?
By ensuring their needs are met without having to leave the hotel premises. At Sunway Resort Hotel, we’ve got you covered from the moment you step in – a room category and amenities that meets the needs of all types of travelers, activities to fuel your entire stay, bespoke services with complimentary offerings, various dining options including world-class global award-winning brands and so much more.
- How do hotels raise the level of service?
There are indeed many ways but two (2) very key points is to personalise every guest stays and to invest in technology.