Bangkok– RAKxa, the integrative wellness in Bangkok, Thailand, was named “Best Holistic Heaven” in the prestigious 2023 Condé Nast Traveller Wellness and Spa Awards, affirming their mission to provide a well-deserved wellness journey that blends diverse wellbeing practices holistically in the heaven of natural embrace. As summer approaches, the award-winning wellness centre is offering integrative treatments and tips to help individuals maintain their overall health and well-being during the warm summer months.
Summer can be a challenging time for many people as it often brings several health-related issues. One of the most common health issues is dehydration, as the heat can cause a person to lose more fluids through sweat resulting in symptoms such as fatigue, headaches and even heat exhaustion. Heat exhaustion can cause a range of symptoms, from dizziness and nausea to rapid heartbeat and even fainting. Moreover, the summer can also bring on additional stress, especially if you’re trying to balance work and family life. All these issues can take a significant toll on a person’s physical and mental well-being, making it essential to take appropriate measures to protect oneself.
One way to recover yourself in summer is by indulging in a wellness escape where you can relax and rejuvenate your body and mind. A well-planned wellness escape can provide you with opportunities for therapies, nutritious meals and relaxation to help you overcome the challenges that come with the summer season.
RAKxa Integrative Wellness is the perfect place to prioritise your wellness during the summer. You can experience a variety of healthcare specialists and therapies that combine traditional and modern medicine to help you stay healthy while relaxing your mind. The treatments are specifically designed to complement each other so you can take advantage of their unique healing benefits. RAKxa, we offer integrative treatments including Anti-Ageing Medicine, Traditional Thai Medicine, Ayurveda, Therapeutic Spa, Physical and Sports Therapy, and Nutrition.
Personalized Treatments in the integrative approach for Summer:
Antie- Ageing Medicine:
- Cryo Sauna
Also known as Cold Therapy, this treatment is utilized to bring the body temperature down at the tissue and cellular level, bringing numerous physiological changes and therapeutic effects to the body. Cryotherapy is widely used for anti-aging and aids the body in natural healing and rejuvenation processes that include increased circulation, providing a youthful complexion, and stimulation of collagen production, which is the foundation of firm and healthy skin.
Traditional Thai Medicine:
- Traditional Thai Ya-Pok Therapeutic Massage
A traditional Thai remedy that combines the cooling properties of Thai herbs with Andrographis and clay. This treatment helps with dry under eyes and fatigue and lessens the effects of the sun’s rays on your face, which can cause insomnia and migraines. The clay used in this treatment has cooling properties, making it an ideal summertime remedy.
- The Thai Pure Nutrient Hair and Scalp Treatment
Natural herbs with cooling properties clean, nourish, repair damage, and rejuvenate hair, leaving it smelling fresh and feeling silky smooth. This treatment is perfect for the summer, as stress is a major contributor to the rise in body temperature that often results in headaches and migraines.
- RAKxa offers the Thalapothichil Therapy, which soothes both the head and the mind. This cooling treatment aids in the correction of pitta dosha and is very effective for various mental disorders, migraines, and scalp problems
- RAKxa has developed therapeutic sessions using water, including Flotation which combines the benefits of mineral-rich water that its density is similar to that of the Dead Sea with the meditative vibrations of a singing bowl.
- The extensive hydrothermal facilities include a herbal steam using handpicked herbs from the garden, an infrared sauna, an experience shower allowing individuals to experience the healing sensation of sound, light, touch and temperature, and a vitality pool in conjunction with a cold plunge pool using hot and cold therapy, respectively which can help to detox, relax, and also boost your immunity and blood circulation
Physiotherapy at RAKxa’s Medical Gym
- Staying active during the summer is also important for maintaining overall health and wellness. However, it’s important to choose activities that are suitable for the hot weather. Swimming, water exercises are great options for staying active during the summer months.
- At Rakxa offers private active aqua exercises aimed at burning calories and strengthening the whole-body using water resistance, simulating many land-based exercises performed in the gym without the risk of injury. This exercise is perfect for those looking to stay active during the summer months without the risk of overheating.
- It’s also important to listen to your body and take breaks when needed. If you feel overheated or exhausted, take a break in a cool, air-conditioned space and drink plenty of water.
- Our chefs and nutritionists collaborate with doctors and use dietary lab test results to curate personalized menus that meet individual health goals. We also work with our traditional medicine doctors, as we believe that a balance of opposing forces, known as Yin and Yang, is crucial for optimal body functioning and overall health. This philosophy extends to the food we serve, ensuring a balance of warming and cooling properties and flavors that promote our guests’ wellbeing.
- Maintaining a balanced diet during the summer months is crucial. At RAKxa Wellness, we take an integrative approach, with our nutritionists working with alternative doctors, including Traditional Thai doctors, to analyze each guest’s health and elements according to Thai traditional medicine theory. We then create a personalized menu that suits their health conditions and concerns. Our chefs select seasonal foods, such as cooling vegetables, herbs, and fruits, to reduce and cool down body temperature and ensure our guests feel their best.
- Certain vegetables are particularly good for summer, such as green gourd, zucchini, cucumber, and some of Thai herbs, are known for their cooling properties. Fruits that have a high-water content, such as watermelon, cantaloupe, melon, rose apple, dragon fruit, and mangosteen, are not just delicious but also refreshing and helpful in maintaining hydration. Avoiding heavy, greasy foods can also help to prevent indigestion and other digestive issues that can be exacerbated by the heat.
- Drinking plenty of water is the most essential tip, and it is recommended to drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay hydrated. Drinking herbal juices and avoiding caffeine can also help regulate body heat and keep you hydrated.
In addition to more tips for summer, it is also important to protect yourself from the sun’s harmful rays during peak hours. If you need to be out in the sun, make sure to wear sunscreen with a high SPF and reapply it regularly.