– GenAI Academy offers a unique blend of foundational literacy and executive education programs from top research universities and companies
– Launch partners include Microsoft, Stanford Online, Google Cloud, AWS, Fractal Analytics DeepLearning.AI, and Vanderbilt University
Riyadh, KSA – -: Coursera, a leading online learning platform, has announced the launch of Generative AI (GenAI) Academy in Saudi Arabia to equip businesses and the workforce in the Kingdom with cutting-edge skills and knowledge necessary to thrive in AI-powered jobs of the future.
The GenAI Academy supports Saudi Arabia’s ambition to become a leading AI tech hub in the region by offering specialized education and training programs. These programs will help address the growing demand for future-proof solutions, empowering business leaders and employees to navigate the profound shifts that generative AI brings to the workplace. With over USD 42 billion in active investments in future technologies, Saudi Arabia is strategically fostering lifelong learning opportunities to empower its citizens, elevate global competitiveness, and achieve resilient growth.
The GenAI Academy offers a unique blend of foundational literacy and executive education programs, aiming to strengthen the technical knowledge of local talent, nurture the next generation of technology leaders, and bridge AI skills gaps in the Kingdom. Introduced in collaboration with top research universities and companies at the forefront of AI, including Microsoft, Stanford Online, Vanderbilt University, DeepLearning.AI, Fractal Analytics, Google Cloud, and AWS, the Academy’s course portfolio is designed to unlock innovation and productivity for both executives and employees.
Kais Zribi, Coursera’s General Manager for the Middle East and Africa, said: “Saudi Arabia is sharpening its focus on AI, recognizing the transformative impact of advanced technologies on decision-making, automation, and creative problem-solving across industries. As the Kingdom harnesses these technologies to drive growth, future-proofing its workforce through continuous investments in training and education has become imperative. The GenAI Academy’s programs will further push the boundaries of AI-focused skills and knowledge for the next generation of talent and business leaders in the Kingdom, empowering them to gain a competitive advantage in a rapidly transforming economy.”
GenAI Academy for Everyone
This foundational literacy program gives every employee a general understanding of GenAI’s core principles, applications, and impact. Employees will learn how to use AI tools to enhance productivity and innovation in their day-to-day jobs, with Guided Projects providing hands-on practice.
Selection of courses offered includes:
● Generative AI for Everyone from DeepLearning.AI
● Artificial Intelligence on Microsoft Azure from Microsoft
● Introduction to Generative AI from Google Cloud
● Trustworthy Generative AI from Vanderbilt University
● Machine Learning Specialization from Stanford Online and Deeplearning.AI
● Responsible AI in the Generative AI Era from Fractal Analytics
GenAI Academy for Executives
For executives, GenAI strategy formulation and technology adoption are high-stakes decisions. The choices we make about GenAI will not only determine an organization’s competitive edge but also influence societal impacts and shape the future of various industries. GenAI for Executives will help leaders develop a deep understanding of AI’s broad applications and its market influence. It aims to guide them in making strategic and ethical choices as well as lead and motivate their teams through rapid change.
Selection of courses offered include:
● Navigating Generative AI: A CEO Playbook from Coursera
● AI Awakening from Stanford Online
● Voice of Change – Communicating with Teams for GenAI Adoption* from Microsoft
● Generative AI for Leaders from Vanderbilt University
● New Ways of Working in the AI World from London School of Business
● Generative AI, Ethical Considerations and Implications Generative AI: Impact, Considerations, and Ethical Issues from IBM
● Building a Generative AI-Ready Organization from AWS
● Generative AI Essentials: Overview and Impact from University of Michigan
New courses and credentials will be added over the coming months, with a focus on further expanding executive education and role-based learning programs.
In 2023, Coursera witnessed a surge in interest in Generative AI content globally, with 570,500 learners enrolling on the platform to benefit from the 35+ courses or projects on GenAI developed in collaboration with leading university and industry partners. This means that roughly every minute in 2023, someone enrolled in GenAI content on Coursera.
To know more about the GenAI Academy, visit the website.