- Higher Wattage: Charges virtually any USB-C powered device
- Designed for Multi-tasking: Dynamically redistributes power from plug to plug based on each product’s needs (saving on average one hour of charging time)
- More Sustainable: Saves electricity consumption with every charge
- Multiple Device Options: High-speed GaNPrime will be available in wall chargers, power banks and power strips
Dubai-UAE:– Anker, the world’s #1 mobile charging brand, recently announced the launch of its new generation of Gallium Nitride (GaN) technology, GaNPrime in the United Arab Emirates. Combining the latest in GaN technology with Anker’s own proprietary features, GaNPrime allows for a safer, faster and more sustainable charging experience.
“The launch of the new GaNPrime series in the region ushers us into a new world of charging capabilities,” said Faraz Mehdi, General Manager, Anker Innovations Middle East, Africa and South Asia. “With the new GaNPrime series, we are realizing significant savings in energy consumption while delivering a faster and safer charging experience for all our users, reinforcing Anker’s commitment to a more sustainable future.”
GaN, or Gallium Nitride, is a compound found in modern satellites and radars. In 2018, Anker pioneered the application of this material in charging devices to develop smaller lighter chargers. GaNPrime features the latest in GaN technology adding to it:
- Green tech: Through Anker’s innovative application of GaN technology, GaNPrime chargers are smaller and consume less energy compared to silicone-based chargers.
- PowerIQ™ 4.0: When charging multiple devices at once, PowerIQ 4.0 intelligently detects the power needs of each connected device, automatically adjusting power distribution to reduce overall charging time by up to one hour.
- ActiveShield™ 2.0: Intelligently monitors temperature and adjusts power output to prevent overheating and safeguard connected devices. Compared to previous generations, ActiveShield 2.0 has an increased temperature detection frequency of 76%.
- Compact Architecture Design: Featuring Anker’s proprietary mini-transformer technology, GaNPrime products are up to 53% smaller compared to silicon laptop chargers, and thanks to its increased power output, a single GaNPrime device can easily charge up to four or even six devices at the same time, depending on the charger. It is the perfect companion for those on the go.
GaNPrime and USB-C Make Charging More Sustainable
The benefits of GaNPrime don’t end with device charging. Perhaps the most exciting benefit of GaNPrime is its increased power efficiency. With each charge, consumers save on average more than 7% in energy consumption compared to legacy silicon chargers.
Additionally, as one of the first consumer technology leaders to advocate for the universal adoption of USB-C, Anker is committed to designing products that are compatible with a vast range of devices. Because a single GaNPrime charger and USB-C cable can be used to power over 1,000 different mobile devices, this eliminates the need to own multiple chargers and substantially reduces the amount of e-waste created by older or proprietary device chargers.
|Product Name||Max Total Output||Port|
|Anker 737 Power Bank
(GaNPrime PowerCore 24K)
|140 W||2 USB-C
|Anker 733 Power Bank
(GaNPrime PowerCore 65W)
|65 W||2 USB-C
|Anker 737 Charger
|120 W||2 USB-C
|Anker 735 Charger
|65 W||2 USB-C
Price and Availability
Availability and pricing of the GaNPrime lineup is listed below.
- Anker 737 Power Bank – PowerCore 24K (GaNPrime 140W), AED 799: Available today from the Anker store in Mirdif City Center or online on Amazon.ae.
- Anker 733 Power Bank – PowerCore (GaNPrime 65W), AED 399: Available today from the Anker store in Mirdif City Center or online on Amazon.ae.
- Anker 737 Charger (GaNPrime 120W), AED 499: Available today from the Anker store in Mirdif City Center or online on Amazon.ae.
- Anker 735 Charger (GaNPrime 65W), AED 299: Available today from the Anker store in Mirdif City Center or online on Amazon.ae.
 Based on lab tests, Anker found that the new GanPrime chargers reduced energy loss (in the AC to DC circuit), on average, by 7.2% versus traditional silicon-based chargers.