AlUla, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia – :
AlUla, nestled in the northwest of Saudi Arabia, is a destination that offers an awe-inspiring experience for stargazing enthusiasts. With its exceptionally dark skies and minimal light pollution, AlUla provides a unique opportunity to unlock the mysteries of the universe and gaze upon the wonders of the night sky.
Here are the top nine places to stargaze in AlUla:
- Gharameel: Surrounded by Gharameel’s mystical rock formation, look out to a blanket of stars and experience the enchantment of the desert. AlUla Moments offers a stargazing tour to Gharameel with an expert guide who can explain the constellations while you are surrounded by the spectacular desert landscape.
- Rainbow Rock: One of the most recognisable natural rock formations in the region is becoming a popular destination for Astro-tourism where the light pollution is minimal.
- Madakheel: The sandstone mountains and canyons with panoramic views provides an immersive stargazing experience in a serene environment.
- Sharaan Nature Reserve: With 1,500 square kilometres of soaring red-rock canyons, sprawling desert and valleys carpeted in delicate wildflowers, the Sharaan Nature Reserve is the perfect secluded location for stargazing surrounded by natural beauty
- Wadi AlFann: A picturesque valley with towering cliffs and rock formations that offer a stunning setting for observing the stars.
- Elephant Rock: This iconic natural rock formation, resembling an elephant, is a popular spot for stargazing. Its remote location and unique shape make it an ideal spot for observing the night sky.
- Harrat Viewpoint: The Harrat Viewpoint is an elevated spot that offers panoramic vistas of the surrounding landscape, making it an ideal location to enjoy the night sky with friends and family.
- Ashar Valley: Epic canyons and stunning rock formations offer unique panoramas for watching the stars at night, You can enjoy the celestial views while sitting on the balcony of your villa at either the Habitas AlUla Resort or the Banyan Tree AlUla Resort.
- Old Town Rooftop Restaurants: The rooftop restaurants in AlUla’s Old Town offer a combination of local cuisine and stargazing, providing a cozy cultural experience for stargazers.
Celebrate the magic of stargazing in AlUla at the AlUla Skies Festival, taking place from 26 April to 13 May, inviting visitors to explore the skies above the ancient oasis city whilst bringing together adventure, culture, heritage and entertainment.
AlUla Skies is providing a combined experience of stargazing and astrophotography from 4.30-10.30pm daily in the remote areas of AlUla offering some of the very best views of the night sky with expert guides on hand.