How much can you really save by travelling on the cheapest day of the week or booking at the best time
· Skyscanner has crunched tens of thousands of data points for travellers in ten countries around the globe to reveal how the most significant savings can be made
· Using 2022 global pricing data, Skyscanner has been able to quantify how much travel hacks are really worth, showing travellers how they can make their money go further
Riyadh-: With February being the peak time for travel planning, world leading travel site Skyscanner responds to heightened travel demand* and increasingly cost-conscious travelers**, with guidance on how to make their money go further.
Comparing two key – and often shared – travel hacks: when to book & when to travel, Skyscanner can reveal how booking and travelling at the right time can save Saudi travelers on average 447 SAR for optimum booking timing and 404 SAR for travelling on the cheapest day per person.
Currently, the overall best time to book flights from Saudi Arabia is on average 21 weeks before departure and the cheapest day of the week to travel from Saudi Arabia is a Sunday. However, the global travel site has data crunched millions of flight bookings over the last year across its most popular destinations and the results reveal this does not in fact tell the whole story. Not only do these hacks change depending on the destination but also, travelers will find differing results for the same destination but a different month i.e.:
· From Jeddah, the cheapest day of the week to travel to London in August is a Tuesday vs from Riyadh, which is a Thursday.
· The best time to book, a flight from Riyadh to Dubai in December is 12 weeks ahead vs from Abu Dhabi to London, which is 23 weeks.
· The cheapest day of the week to travel to Bangkok from Riyadh in March is a Monday but in June, it is a Wednesday.
Flight pricing algorithms have long been the source of much fascination, but this new data reveals that post-pandemic, the science behind pricing is more complex than ever. Travelers can visit Skyscanner’s 2023 Savings Generator to calculate these savings for themselves. Skyscanner has pulled together hundreds of popular departure airports and destinations pairings to reveal these important insights for travelers currently planning their trips.
Ayoub El Mamoun, Skyscanner Travel Expert, says,
“Most people aren’t aware of some of the simple tips and travel hacks that could open up vast savings for them, which is now more important than ever. These insights don’t have to be driven by industry hearsay: at Skyscanner we have access to thousands of data points powering our recommendations to unlock this intel for everyone. We’re testing out sharing this insight via www.skyscanner-travel-tool.
“When searching for the right price, we know how powerful being informed is, so Skyscanner’s tools are designed to enable travellers to feel confident when they book. Signing up to Skyscanner’s price alerts is a great way to keep on top of price changes to your favourite destination, meaning you’ll be the first to know about any price drops.”
As supply and demand largely dictates flight pricing, Skyscanner’s wealth of historical booking trends has enabled its in-house team of experts to provide travelers with guidance on:
· The average price for the route: this ensures when considering a flight, you know if you’re getting a good deal
· The cheapest day to fly & the most expensive day to fly on the selected route, based on traditionally popular days – right down to the month level
· The best time to book based on historical average pricing, optimum booking timing can be forecast
Skyscanner’s recent Travel Trends research revealed that consumers plan to still travel as much if not more in 2023***, but crucially will be looking to source the best value possible from their 2023 trips. The best way to guarantee a good price is to compare your options across operators, dates and destinations. Use Skyscanner’s travel savvy tools including calendar view, Everywhere & Anytime search, nearby airports, mix and match airlines, as well as price alerts, all available at skyscanner.com.sa
Examples of savings available for bookings made right now on skyscanner.com.sa:
|Route||Departure month||Best time to book||Live flight price||Average return flight price (SAR)|
|Jeddah to Dubai||Travel in March||Book 24 weeks in advance for best price||920||1036|
|Jeddah to Bangkok||Travel in July||Book 24 weeks in advance for best price||2943||3315|
|Jeddah to Casablanca||Travel in August||Book 44 weeks in advance for best price||1879||2880|
|Riyadh to London||Travel in December||Book 28 weeks in advance for best price||1335||3481|