The authentic Mexican taqueria has launched an all-new range of Seasonal Specials, just in time for summer
Bringing authentic Mexican street food to the foodies of Dubai, Lila Taqueria has introduced an all-new range of limited-edition Seasonal Specials. Launching the first edition of the range just in time for summer, Lila Taqueria is presenting the finest of Mexican cuisine through its celebration of local seasonal produce. Available exclusively for dine-in, the Seasonal Specials make for an ultimate summer offering, designed to present a refreshing experience with authentic Mexican dishes.
The arrival of the new menu is an extension of the restaurant’s classic offerings as it highlights Mexico’s rich culinary heritage with the use of the UAE’s local produce. Inspired by the region’s fresh ingredients, Chef Shaw has crafted 6 menu items available for a limited time only. Starting from AED 60, the newly launched items include the Blue Corn Sopes with Glazed Crispy Ribeye, crafted for lovers of all things meat. Adding a distinct touch of Mexico that the region is yet to see, the homegrown taqueria is introducing the Yucatecan Amberjack Aguachile featuring local wild amberjack found fresh in the region’s local waters, especially during this time of year. On popular demand, Chef Shaw is also presenting Street-Style Quesadillas with Crispy Duck Carnitas as part of the Seasonal Specials. Backing the limited-edition items with a tried and tested recipe of Lila Taqueria’s popular Barbacoa, the Oaxacan Roasted Lamb Barbacoa Tacos will also be served throughout the summer. Complementing this range with a vegetarian special, Smoky Summer Squash Tacos are being introduced to the mix. For an extra dose of freshness, Lila Taqueria has joined hands with Dibba Bay, the UAE’s first and only gourmet oyster farm in the Middle East, to introduce the Wood-Smoked Dibba Bay Oysters with Green Chimi. By having the oysters gently smoked over oak for an added depth of complexity, the homegrown restaurant is presenting simple ingredients, elevated with authentic culinary techniques straight from Mexico.
Kicking off the summer with the first edition of its Seasonal Specials, Lila Taqueria is inviting guests to its homey ambience for a ‘refreshing’ experience. Limited edition items that shine light on the diversity of Mexican cuisine which can now be savored through Lila Taqueria’s honest celebration of local ingredients. By blending them with Mexico’s traditional culinary techniques, the neighborhood taqueria is giving diners a peek into its mission to serve authenticity on a plate, all while being true to the region’s love for homegrown produce and support to local vendors.
Lila Taqueria’s Seasonal Specials menu:
- Wood-smoked Dibba Bay Oysters with Green Chimi (AED 80) – a half dozen local Dibba Bay oysters, gently smoked over oak, finished with green chile chimichurri
- Blue Corn Sopes with Glazed Crispy Ribeye (AED 65) – Blue corn sopes filled with thinly sliced crispy ribeye, finished with toasted ancho-molasses glaze, black beans, housemade crema, and fresh Mexican cheese.
- Yucatecan Amberjack Aguachile (AED 70) – Local wild amberjack, thinly sliced & marinated in sour orange, finished with mango, cucumber, habanero oil, charred tortilla salt, served with chips for snacking
1 Street-style Quesadillas with Crispy Duck Carnitas (AED 70)- Crispy blue corn masa filled with oozy Mexican cheese, smoky confited duck carnitas, with a fresh herb salad, raw tomatillo serrano salsa
- Smoky Summer Squash Tacos (AED 60)– grilled baby zucchini with a guisado of local wild mushrooms, squash blossoms, sweet corn, poblano, epazote and crema
- Oaxacan Roasted Lamb Barbacoa Tacos (AED 70) – Lamb marinated in a medley of red chiles and avocado leaf, slow roasted, served with a smoky morita chile salsa, sliced radish, fresh lime