Tourism Ireland shares three easy recipes to bring a taste of Ireland to your home
Dubai, UAE – As the world eagerly awaits the experience of gastronomic travel again, Tourism Ireland shares recipes that will take your palate on an exciting food journey, from the comfort of your own home.
From afternoon treats and heart-warming appetizers to decadent desserts, #FillYourHeartWithIreland with these impressively easy recipes guaranteed to bring the flavours and aromas of Ireland’s countryside into every household.
Plain Flour – 3 ¼ cups
Baking Powder – 3 tsp
Caster/Fine Sugar – ½ cup
Butter – 7/8 cup
Buttermilk – ½ cup
Egg – 1
- In a large bowl, pour in all dry ingredients. Remove lumps from sugar to achieve a fine mixture.
- Add in butter to the dry ingredients and mix to create a crumbly texture.
- Next, add in buttermilk and combine to form the dough.
- Place flour on to the counter and press the dough into the flour using hands or roller to cover the dough’s outer surface.
- Use a cutter and cut through the dough to shape your scones. Place scones onto a baking tray dusted with flour.
- In a small bowl, beat egg and brush egg wash onto the scones.
- Bake at 160°C/320°F for 15 minutes.
- Top off with icing sugar and serve hot.
Fresh Spinach Leaves, chopped – 1 cup
Vegetable Stock, warmed – 3 1/3 cups
Olive Oil – 1 tbsp
Butter – ¼ cup
Potatoes, finely diced – 3 pieces
Spring Onions, chopped – 4 pieces
Garlic, crushed – 2 cloves
Baby Carrots, finely diced – 4 pieces
Cream – ½ cup
Salt and pepper
- Heat up olive oil in a pot on medium to high heat.
- Put potatoes and spring onions into the pot and sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Roughly chop carrots and place into the pot, followed by the fresh spinach, and stir well. Add salt as you go.
- Add heated vegetable stock and bring up to a boil.
- Pour the vegetable soup into a blender, blend and pour back into the pot.
- Add in cream and mix.
- Before serving, put butter into the soup and stir until fully dissolved for a rich and creamy consistency.
- Pour into a serving bowl and serve as a hearty appetizer with fresh bread.
Sugar – 1 cup
Butter – ½ cup
Egg – 2
Plain Flour – 2 cups
Baking Soda – 1 level tsp
Banana, large – 2 pieces
Buttermilk – 2 to 3 tbsp
Flaked Almonds – ¼ cup
- Mix sugar and butter in large bowl (with a mixer or manually).
- Beat eggs and mix into the bowl of sugar and butter. Then add in flour and baking soda. Mix well.
- Slowly incorporate bananas and butter milk into the mixture.
- Line a non-stick baking tin with baking paper and pour the mixture into the tin.
- Garnish with flaked almonds or any garnish of choice.
- Bake at 170°C/350°F for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Serve with tea or as a dessert with ice cream.