Hong Kong- — Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group has launched an enticing luxury accommodation package that combines the two best Spanish destinations: Barcelona and Madrid. The Spain, A Tale of Two Cities offer includes personalised extras, dining credit, and an option to discover the local cuisine of each unique city.
Facing the Mediterranean Sea, Barcelona is one of Europe’s trendiest cities and is famed the world over for its Gaudí and modernist architecture. The historic Gothic Quarter, with its charming narrow streets, lends itself perfectly to a leisurely stroll, while visitors looking to enjoy luxury shopping, designer boutiques and delectable gastronomy will be spoilt for choice.
Mandarin Oriental, Barcelona is located in Passeig de Gràcia, which is the most exclusive boulevard and right at the heart of the city. It is the ideal starting point to discover not only the latest in fashion and design but also historic sites and Gaudí’s architectural gems.
The Spanish capital of Madrid is one of the most popular European cities – and a city of contrasts where visitors can marvel at the immense, centuries-old Royal Palace as well as Real Madrid’s 21st-century stadium.
The true essence of Spain’s rich culture is easy to find in Madrid. Visitors can discover elegant architecture, fine boutiques, greatnightlife, vibrant plazas and delicious cuisine. Mandarin Oriental Ritz, Madrid is in the centre of the city’s Golden Triangle of Art, where famous art collections are housed in three magnificent museums: the Prado, the Reina Sofía and the Thyssen-Bornemisza.
The Spain, A Tale of Two Cities package is priced from EUR765 per night, and includes:
· accommodation in a luxury room or suite at Mandarin Oriental, Barcelona and at the newly opened Mandarin Oriental Ritz, Madrid
· daily buffet breakfast for two, served in the privacy of the guests’ room or in the hotel’s restaurant
· a credit of EUR50 for rooms or EUR100 for suites, once per stay and per room, for dinner in our Blanc or Palm Court restaurants
· personalised welcome amenities in each of the hotels
· complimentary upgrade from room to room or suite to suite, depending on availability at check-in.
Also, to make the trip even more memorable, both properties offer a variety of exclusive local experiences. Examples include an Old district and tapas tour in Barcelona, for guests to discover traditional tapas bars in El Born and the old neighbourhood, and a once-in-a-lifetime local gastronomy experience in Madrid, delving into the city’s rich heritage and culture.